This article will chart out a guide pertaining to the process to activate MLB TV on Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, and PS4.
If you have a penchant for baseball and reside in the US, you must have already established some connection with the MLB. It is the same as what is UEFA Champions league for football fans. However, there is much to this difference as MLB is a TV sports channel and is much more versatile owing to the fact that they feature baseball-oriented information that includes news, statistics, and sports columns. Furthermore, they are also indulged in merchandise sales via their website. However, many folks are switching from their cable television to other cheaper mediums, and what else could be better and cheaper than streaming something online? With the emanation of different streaming services such as Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, etc. no cable channel remains siloed, not even MLB.
Here’s how to watch MLB TV on Roku
In order to activate and watch MLB TV on Roku, you have to be a free subscriber of MLB.TV or a packaged subscriber of MLB regardless of the plan you buy.
Step 1: Installing MLB TV on Roku
These steps are for those who don’t have the MLB app preinstalled. If you do have one on your device then skip to the next part.
- Everything will commence from you being on the Roku home screen. Press the arrow button from your remote and it will effectively take you to ‘’Streaming Channels’’.
- Now, select ‘’Search Channels’’.
- Next, select ‘’Roku Channel Store’’ for the purpose of locating the MLB app.
- Type MLB on the search bar and then click on ‘’Add channels’’. This will add or install the app to your Roku device.
Step 2: Activating MLB on Roku
- The activation for this cable TV channel is slightly different as there is no activation code that we can use.
- Firstly, launch the MLB app.
- Now, after choosing your favorite team simply log in.
- If you don’t have an existing MLB account, then you can create one on the app itself.
- Select ‘Create a free account and then select ‘Get started.
- The page you will be then directed to would require you to type your email address and password via the on-screen keyboard. After entering your details, select ‘’Create Account’’. You can now watch content from MLB TV on your Roku device.
How to watch MLB TV on Fire TV?
Step1: Installing the MLB TV app
- You will first be required to go to the Search menu and then type MLB TV.
- Typing it will automatically show the two apps that you are looking for. You can also use voice commands for searching purposes.
- In case you want to search the MLB TV app through the voice command, just press the voice button on your Alexa Voice Remote.
- Now, from the shown results select MLB TV.
- Simply click ‘’Get’’ on either of the apps in order to get them installed on your Firestick device.
- After having installed the app you can always launch them directly from your home screen under the ‘’Your apps and channels’’ section. In case you can’t find them lying on your home screen amidst the other apps then it will be somewhere in the bottom of the row, which you can simply find by clicking see all.
Again, this is in case you don’t have the app preinstalled.
Step 2: Activating MLB TV on Fire TV
- After you open the app, click on Settings and then the Log in option.
- Here also, you will have to enter the EMAIL ID and password that you have already registered with MLB TV. You can create a separate MLB TV account through a separate internet-connected device such as your smartphone or laptop.
- After your log-in is successful, the MLB TV will be successfully activated and you will be able to see the prompt for the same on your Fire TV screen.
- Select ‘OK’ and start streaming the sport you cherish.
How to watch MLB TV on Apple TV
Step 1: Installing MLB TV on Apple TV
NOTE: If you have a third-generation or earlier variant of Apple TV then it won’t be able to support MLB TV. This installation process is only for the 4th generation Apple TV( Apple TV HD) OR Apple TV 4k.
- After you have switched on your Apple TV device, visit the App Store via remote and type MLB TV on the channel search bar.
- Upon finding the app, click on the ‘’Get’’ button. This will lead to the installation of the MLB TV app.
Step 2: Activating MLB TV on Apple TV.
The activation process will be similar as we did on other devices, just enter the username and password. But make sure that you have subscribed to MLB TV first.
Steps to watch MLB TV on PS 4
Step: 1 Installing MLB TV on PlayStation 4
- We assume that you have already signed up for MLB TV.
- Now, go to the home screen of your PS.
- Open the app store and search for MLB TV.
- Select ‘Download’ for the purpose of installing the app.
Step 2: Activating MLB TV on PlayStation
- Log in using your MLB TV credentials and you will be able to stream MLB TV.
Are you facing PS4 error code SU-41350-U? Quick ways to fix this error in minutes.
MLB TV has been serving the Baseball savvies for a long time now. But, finding the sport online was much of a haul which, I think I have resolved for now. To activate MLB TV on different streaming devices has nonetheless the same pattern you just install it and log in with your username and password, given that you have already subscribed to MLB TV separately.