Apple TV volume not working is a common issue to face. Are you one of the users who is facing this issue? Then, this post will be having the fix for this issue. You will not need to go anywhere after you read this entire article. The Apple TV is a flexible streaming device that receives updates often and has unquestionably improved since its first debut. The Apple TV is still susceptible to audio issues, despite this. The Apple TV occasionally abruptly stops playing audio without warning.
Sometimes, no matter what you try, the audio simply does not function. Yes, there may be instances where your TV’s audio or even your external speaker system is at issue. Your TV’s audio and the external sound system you’re utilizing both have a significant role in this. In the event that it doesn’t, we’ll walk you through some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
Follow the steps to fix the problem of Apple TV volume not working
- Select Menu on your Apple TV remote by taking it. Scroll down to Settings in the window box that appears on your screen, then click it.
- Select the Audio and Video option from the options menu.
- You’ll be brought to the Audio and Video options menu at this point. Here, scroll down and choose the Audio Format option.
- Select Change Format, which is the sole viable choice.
- You will now be presented with a window by your Apple TV program, where you should once more choose Change Format.
- You’ll return to the previous window after that. Here, scroll down and choose the New Format option. Then, change the setting to Stereo.
- Go to the Audio/Sound settings on your television using the original remote control. Decide on Optical for the Audio OUT setting.
- Make that the Digital Sound Out PCM> option is chosen under Optical.
These are the simple steps that you can follow to fix the issue of the Apple TV volume not working. However, in case you are still facing the issue or it doesn’t resolve by following the steps mentioned above then you need to follow the solutions mentioned below.
Apple tvOS 14.5 Color Balance Feature that you might be unaware of!
Additional tips to resolve the issue of Apple TV volume
- Restarting the Apple TV system
- You should occasionally reboot your Apple TV system, in my opinion. Rebooting your computer is a good approach to solve certain small technical problems that occasionally may arise, especially if the video you’re air playing lacks sound.
- This is due to the RAM being emptied when your Apple Smart TV reboots, which prevents your RAM from being overly congested.
- Rebooting also guarantees that every application running on your Apple TV system ends, giving your machine a clean slate. If you’re lucky, all this problem needs is a reboot to be resolved.
- Hold down the Menu and TV buttons on your Apple TV remote for about six seconds to reboot it.
- When the sleep dialogue appears, ignore it. After the power is turned off, you’ll see that the LED in the Apple TV device begins to flicker. That means the computer is restarting. Check out this page if you have trouble connecting to the device.
- Restarting the Apple TV system’s linked hardware
- Sometimes the external sound systems connected to your Apple TV cause audio issues. Your Apple TV might not be at blame.
- Therefore, we advise you to turn off and unplug any external audio hardware systems linked to your Apple TV, wait for at least 30 to 60 seconds before turning them back on, and then reconnect them.
- Look for the HDMI cable
- Audio difficulties can frequently result from simple connection errors, so make sure you check and tighten any HDMI cable connections.
- You should make sure that all of the HDMI cable connections, for example, to your HomeKit soundbar or television audio system, are secure and working properly.
- Make sure your Apple TV recognizes the appropriate speaker system linked to it as its Audio Output You must ensure that your Apple TV recognizes the appropriate speaker system connected to it as its Audio Output.
- These are some processes that are crucial yet are frequently ignored by users. Let’s go over how to accomplish it step-by-step:
- Your Apple TV remote’s Menu button should be pressed. Scroll down and choose Settings from the menu that displays on the screen (click here if your main menu is empty). The Settings menu appears. Select the Audio and Video option by swiping down. Choose Audio Output and the appropriate sound system from the new menu that displays on the screen.
- Review for updates
- Your Apple TV’s system software is improved and optimized with updates. It is a good idea to upgrade your system as soon as a new update is released since your system becomes better and better with each update.
- The most current updates frequently solve the majority of the user’s problems. To check for an update on your Apple TV, follow these instructions.
- Use your Apple TV remote and press the Menu button. Go to Settings on the menu window and click on it.
- Click on Software Updates and select Update Software.
- A dialog appears on your screen if there are any available updates. Select Download and Install to start the update process. Be patient and do not disconnect your Apple TV while the update process is going on.
Check out our Trending guide to Cancel Peloton Membership
It turns out that audio problems with the Apple TV are a quite regular occurrence. Its troubleshooting techniques are likewise rather simple and quick. The answers provided above must address the problem of Apple TV volume not working.