Seems like you have recently got your drone. It’s so amazing to be a drone pilot. However, don’t be in rush, do you have enough knowledge of flying a drone? Or how it reacts to the remote controller and all the functions of the button there? There is a high chance for your drone to crash if you are not aware of these mentioned things. Do not panic already, because we have come to your rescue with our essential drone flying tips that will shield your drone from crashing or flyaways.
The functions of drones might be complex so you better know everything about drones. Firstly you need to go through the manual that comes with the drone. There are apps that will help you with the same- DJI’s GO apps. Before you start off flying your drone go for a test flight. You always have the benefit of online resources that will help you fly your precious drone perfectly. You can have the access to these resources through DJI support and DJI tutorials available on youtube. In addition, you can reach out to DJI support on Facebook or Twitter whenever you wish.
Now that you have a drone you must have a fear of losing it inside your head. We have listed 15 brief drone flying tips to prevent your love for your new gadgets intact.
Firstly there are some things that might be the reason for flyaways-
- Firmware updates
- Flying your drone out of the range
- Lost the sight of drone
- A device supporting multiple apps at a single time
- Return to home altitude is not correct
- You did not set the home point
- The antenna is not set in a right manner
- Losing connection
However, most of the drones feature the function of ‘’return to home’’ but there is a 30% chance that a drone might lose. Mostly the reason behind this is the mistake of the pilot. You can prevent this from happening with you while following some simple tips. Let’s have look –
What should be the Range of your Drone?
Drones have an in-built GPS. However, the price range for a GPS is approximately $150. If you choose to own a drone with no GPS, you would have to keep a keen eye on your drone while flying it. The main question here is how far a drone can fly and how long can it remain in your line of sight. The most common issue that drone flyers report is that it gets too late until they realize that their drone has taken a farther fly. Consequently, you lose the track of your drone. So it becomes necessary for you to know the limit. Especially the DJI drones feature a beginner mode wherein, it limits the range to 30M and it starts hovering beyond this range. You would expertise with the time and you would be able to remove the beginner’s mode.
Also Read: Best Camera Drone 2021
Does Tracking Drone on Phone Require Other Apps to be Closed?
This might not be the prime issue however, it could hamper the connection. You need to close all the apps that you are not currently using. It would be better for the smooth flying of the drone.
Amazing Drone Flying Tips for Beginners to Prevent Crashes and Flyaways-
- User manual- You need to read the manual before flying your drone. It consists of safety guidelines. You can find this manual on the official webpage of your DJI drone. You can easily get access to the tutorials as well which will help you understand properly. You should acknowledge all the functions and the DJI GO apps.
- Practice- You should practice with a flight simulator so that you know all the basic controls along with the other modes. You can find that in the DJI app. Get yourself acknowledged with the inputs of the controller and be oriented with all the controls.
- Dealing with obstacles- Two major factors that can affect your function are- speed and light. However, there are other basic things that can hinder your performance are, thin cables, transparent objects, telephone lines, etc. You need to be precisely aware of the surroundings and make a wise decision while flying your drone.
- Keep distance from animals- Ultrasound by drones can cause uneasiness to animals, prefer abiding animals in the surrounding. In addition, be aware of the birds to prevent bird strikes.
- Avoid people- The presence of a lot of people might create a distraction for you. This can result in accidents. You should always fly a drone in an open and less crowded place for better concentration.
- Check before flying- What is one of the most essential elements is calibrating the compass before you start. Make sure your drone is fully charged along with the propellers be installed properly. Always check the notifications from the DJI GO app.
- Return to home altitude- Drones return to the altitude that is preset and then automatically it returns to the home point in the RTH mode. This will make sure that the drone doesn’t strike into any obstacle on the way. Distance and the limit of altitude can be set in the DJI GO. Make sure you don’t fly your drone out the line of sight or at altitudes above 400 feet.
- GPS signals- You are advised to fly your drone when there are 10 satellites along with 4 bars. As signals of GPS are the most crucial element while flying a drone.
- Hover before flying at a distance- The drone needs to hover for 30 seconds before it takes off for better stability. You can continue flying at a distance after this 30 seconds hover.
- Beginner mode- If you are a beginner then the beginner mode would be the best for you. The distance and altitude limit would be set up for your convenience. This makes sure that sensors and GPS are turned on and assisting you. It would be beneficial for you if you focus on the operation rather than the images shown on the screen for the first few flights or at least when you are in your beginning stage.
- Return to home- When you press the RTH button your drone automatically comes back to the home point. It will make a different sound when it’s on the way back to the home point. The major thing in this RTH is that you need a strong GPS signal for it to perform properly.
- Weather- Weather conditions play an important role while you fly your drone. It is advised not to fly drones in rain, fog, lightning, or snow. The cold temperatures often hinder the battery life of a drone.
- Battery status- You should always be aware of the battery percentage. The battery should be enough for the drone to return back without any issue. Additionally, drones consume more batteries while flying downwind.
- Don’t fly roughly- You need not put too much pressure while controlling the drone. Gently work with the controller so that you can have time to make any sudden movement. It prevents crashing by sliding fingers.
- Reverse flying- You should not fly your drone in the reverse direction while it’s out of your sight as it will result in bumping into an obstacle that could be unseen.
Here are all the possible conditions that could happen while you are flying your drone. And it’s better to be ready for every situation rather than losing your precious flying gadget. So follow these quick drone flying tips for perfect and safe flying. Enjoy being a drone pilot!