There is little question that you are already using the BetterDiscord if you consider yourself a Discord nerd. One of the finest methods to maximize the use of your Discord app is using BetterDiscord. It provides a wide range of choices for customizing Discord with themes and plugins as well as additional features. BetterDiscord does not, however, always function flawlessly for all users. You could occasionally discover that the BetterDiscord isn’t functioning. It makes sense given that it is not an official Discord app, a well-known truth. This troubleshooting guide is for you if your BetterDiscord not working and you are experiencing the same problem.
Here, I’ve described a few approaches to resolve the issue BetterDiscord not working. Let’s examine the possible causes of the BetterDiscord problem.
Find out the solutions if the BetterDiscord not working
- Relaunch Discord- Restarting Discord is the first thing to do in this situation. When Discord is restarted, BetterDiscord and all of its themes and plugins will be updated to begin a new session. Restarting Discord:
Restarting Discord on Windows
- To launch the Task Manager on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on the keyboard.
- Select Discord from the list of processes under the Processes tab.
- To totally close Discord after choosing it, click the End Task button.
- After that, restart Discord to see if the problem has been resolved.
Restarting Discord on MacOS
- Use the keyboard shortcuts Command + Option + Esc to launch the Force Quit Applications window and restart Discord on macOS.
- From the list, choose the Discord app.
- To completely close Discord after choosing it, click the Force Quit option.
Recommended: Fix Discord Login Issues
- Utilize the BetterDiscord installer for assistance- One of the best ways to address the issue is to use the BetterDiscord and BandagedBD installers. BetterDiscord may be repaired using the same installers that are used to install it. If these installers are not already on your computer, you may check your downloads folder, or you can download from the URLs below.
Once you have finished downloading whatever installer you like, run it and agree to the license terms. Depending on the installation you are using, choose Repair BetterDiscord or Repair BandagedBD on the following screen. Then,
Using BandagedBD, repair BetterDiscord
- Check all the problems you’re having with your BetterDiscord by clicking Repair on stable on the left side of the screen.
- Following the completion of the repair procedure, launch the Discord app automatically by clicking the Repair option.
Using the BetterDiscord installer, fix BetterDiscord
- Choose the Discord program from the folder location after choosing the Repair BetterDiscord option.
- Select Repair.
- Await the completion of the repair process.
- A pop-up message stating that you must reinstall BetterDiscord will appear after completion. After choosing Yes, restart your computer. Open the Discord program to see if the problem has been resolved.
- To remove customized themes and plugins, try- Sometimes, the unique themes and plugins might interfere with BetterDiscord’s regular operation. To determine if they are the true offender, you can try to remove them. Taking away individual add-ons-
- Launch Discord and select the gear icon to see the User Settings.
- Select Plugins > Open plugin Folder from the BetterDiscord item in the left-hand menu.
- Now that you’re in the plugins folder, you have the option of deleting the add-ons or moving them somewhere else to restore them if they are not the actual cause of the problem.
- Re-do the previous steps using User Settings > Themes.
- Restart Discord after that to see if BetterDiscord is active.
Checkout our trending guide if your Ubisoft connect app not working
- Try altering the language on Discord- Many BetterDidcord users have reported success with this solution. By altering the language, you are essentially altering the visual settings for Discord, which will also have an impact on BetterDiscord. For language change-
- Click the gear icon in the bottom left corner of the Discord window to access the User Settings page.
- Choose the Language option from the left, then change the language to one that is more convenient for you.
- After finishing, restart Discord to see if the problem has been resolved. Don’t forget to undo the language change using the same procedures.
- Log back into Discord- You may also solve the problem by logging out of Discord and then back in again. Additionally, numerous community forums have indicated that this workaround is successful for them. You may try it as well. To accomplish this-
- To access the User Settings, click on the gear icon located in the bottom left corner.
- From the left, select the Log Out option.
- In order to confirm your choice, click Log Out again.
- Once finished, shut down Discord entirely along with all of its services, then restart it and check in to see whether the problem has been fixed.
- Remove “bdstorage.json” File Temporarily- Additionally, there is a patch for Windows users. See whether the problem is resolved by attempting to delete the bdstorage.json file. To accomplish this-
- By using Win + R to open the Run dialogue box, enter “percent AppData” and click OK.
- Go to the BetterDiscord folder in step two.
- Locate the bdstorage.json file and transfer it to another location.
- Restart Discord afterward to determine if the problem has been resolved. Put the bsdtorage.json file back in its original spot and try the following repair if the problem still occurs.
- Install BetterDiscord once again- To solve the problem, you may also try reinstalling BetterDiscord. You can also choose to completely reinstall the Discord software if you so want. Use the BetterDiscord installer, which is available for download from this page, to remove BetterDiscord.
- After downloading the installer, run it and choose the Uninstall BetterDiscord option on the next page.
- To ensure that no file data is kept on your computer, checkmark the Remove from Stable option with the other two under the Additional choices.
- Paste your mouse cursor on the Uninstall button.
- Once finished, run the BetterDiscord installer once again to complete the installation.
You can also check out our guide on how to Play Steam Games on Nvidia Shield
These were the solutions that you could perform when BetterDiscord is not working. Rest will be your on-the-go steps, that you will be following while chasing one of the solutions.