Without using a third-party app, cast multimedia to your Mi Box. So you are no longer required to watch your preferred movie or television program on your tiny phone. You can cast to Mi Box from an Android device, an iPhone, or even a desktop computer. You may even cast videos from well-known apps like Sling TV, YouTube, Vudu, Netflix, etc. by tapping the cast icon since this streaming device supports HDR quality videos. You can even wirelessly cast content from a small screen, like music, photographs, and more, to your Mi Box.
How can you cast content to MI box? You can cast content to the Mi Box from either your computer or smartphone. If you don’t want to sideload the software on MI Box, it is a useful alternative. But first, you need to prepare a few things-
- Utilize the HDMI connector on your TV to connect your Xiaomi Mi Box.
- Mi Box, turn on your TV.
- Make sure to join the same WiFi network with your Mi Box and casting devices.
Quickly cast to MI box using different devices
- Cast to MI box from Android mobile
Users of Android smartphones can cast content to Mi Box by using the built-in screencast feature. If you wish to cast media or a video from an app that isn’t cast compatible, the procedures listed below will be helpful.
- Join your Mi Box and Android smartphone on the same WiFi network.
- Open a non-casting app on your Android mobile device.
- Choose a game to play on your smartphone after logging in if necessary.
- Select the Cast or Screen Cast icon from your phone’s Notification Panel.
- Select the Mi Box from the list of casting devices.
- You have successfully cast your phone into your Mi Box.
- Cast your screen using iPhone
- Ensure that the Mi Box S and iPhone are both plugged into the same local network.
- Visit the Google Play Store on your Mi Box S and download the free app AirScreen.
- on a Xiaomi Mi Box S 4k, AirScreen
- Launch AirScreen, then select Confirm. The TV screen will display a QR code.
- Using the camera on your iPhone, scan the QR code. Then, hit the Safari link that pops up. Then click on Full screen.
- Press the Mi Box controller’s backspace key. On the TV, the AirScreen interface will appear.
- On your iPhone, slide your finger down from the top right corner of the screen (iPhone X or later) or up from the bottom of the screen to access the Control Center (iPhone 8 and earlier).
- Then, choose your Mi Box S by pressing the Screen Mirroring button.
Also Read: Cast Distro TV to Chromecast TV
How to Use the Google Home App to Cast Content from a Smartphone?
If your app doesn’t have a built-in cast feature, you should cast it to the Mi Box via the Google Home app.
- On your Android or iOS device, go to the Play Store or App Store and download the Google Home app.
- Using the Google Home app, configure your Chromecast.
- If your app doesn’t have a built-in cast feature, you should continue casting through the Google Home app.
- Start the Google Home app on your mobile device.
- Use the navigation to select the Media.
- From the list of available devices, choose your Mi Box.
- From your phone, open the app you wish to cast to Mi Box.
- After doing this, your smartphone screen will appear on your TV.
- Casting through PC
- On your computer, open the Google Chrome browser.
- Launch the media that you want to cast.
- The Three-Dotted Menu option can be found in the top right corner. When you click on it, a variety of menu options appears.
- Choose Cast, then pick the Mi Box from the available devices list.
- From the Sources drop-down menu, select the Cast tab option. The media currently playing on your PC will then be broadcast to your TV.
If you wish to stream your complete desktop to your Mi Box TV, select Cast desktop.
Choose HDMI port connections if you wish to stream material from your Macbook. Even though there aren’t many apps that support AirPlay, the situation is still terrible.
Trending: Chromecast Mubi to TV to stream movies
Just that. On the Xiaomi Box, there are various options to cast and watch your favorite movies and TV shows. If you don’t want to use the Mi Box device space, casting is advantageous. If Mi Box isn’t casting, there might be a problem with your internet connection. Use a reliable internet connection on your TV.