Searching for a way to Fix Jar File? Well, you have reached your destination. In this article, you will find out how to Fix Jar File using JarFix- a free tool designed to repair and Fix Jar File.
The jar is an abbreviation of ‘Java Archive’. Jar files are executable files that can have two actions. The first is that they are an executable program, which means that it is a launchable application.
The second action is that a jar file is a library or archives that contain metadata as well as multiple java files such as images, audios, etc. This makes it compatible with zip/unzip programs.
What exactly is JarFix?
JarFix is a software tool that comes in handy when you need to solve problems related to Java-based applications. This software is used commonly by developers to fix broken or hijacked jar files.
JarFix repairs the connection between the jar file and Java .exe file by repairing the registry of the computer. Though users can manually edit the registry whenever the problem arises but using JarFix is a much simpler and quicker solution.
What is the root cause of the jar file not working?
Sometimes another program hijacks and steals the jar association from the file which causes this problem. Programs in windows often steal or hijack a file even if it is associated with the jar extension.
The file should be opened by the javaw.exe program but sometimes it is in .zip format due to which the system unpacks the file rather than being run through javaw.exe which may also result in an error.
Another reason for this problem can be the usage of OpenJDK with an absence of an installer that results in an improper connection with the jar file.
How to use JarFix?
There are 3 simple steps through which you can repair your broken jar files using JarFix. Those steps are –
- Install Java Development Kit (JDK)
Java Development Kit also known as JDK is a package that contains tools that are required to develop a program. It includes various tools such as Java Runtime Environment (JRE), Java interpreter/loader, documentation generator (Javadoc), etc.
- Download and install JarFix
As mentioned above, JarFix is software created to fix and repair broken jar files and make them executable again. You can follow these steps to download and install JarFix.
Visit the official website of JarFix
- On the left side of the website, there is a panel. Click on the “software” option
- Look for “JarFix” through the list of software present in the panel
- Search for the OS you use and press the download link
- You will be redirected to the information page about JarFix
- Scroll down and click on the download link to download the JarFix installer
- Run JarFix application
After installation is complete, follow these steps to Fix Jar File.
- Run the JarFix application by right-clicking on it and select “Run as administrator”.
- After few seconds, a message will pop on the screen which will say “jar suffix (Java archive) has been successfully registered”.
- All the jar files present on your system have been fixed and you can run them now.
Is there a difference between JDK and JRE?
Java Development Kit (JDK) and Java Runtime Environment (JRE) are often considered to be the same thing and new developers are often confused between them. The major difference between these two are –
- Java Development Kit helps in developing a Java program that is executed by Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and Java Runtime Environment (JRE). While JRE is used to create the Java Virtual Machine and perform all the coding.
- Java Development Kit is a package that consists of tools that are used in developing a program. On the other hand, Java Runtime Environment is equipped with tools that are used in the coding of that program.
Is it necessary to install JarFix on your PC?
A Computer working on Windows operating system does not require Java Runtime Environment (JRE) so it is not necessary to install JarFix in your system as there are very low chances of an issue arising.
However, a problem may arise in web pages of applications that might be using Java and they may not work properly or stop working. In that case, you can download and install JarFix to fix that problem.
Is there any alternative to Fix Jar File?
The best option is considered to use JarFix to fix broken jar files as it automatically edits the registry of the system and is easy to use. However, you can manually open and edit the registry to fix the problem. This is the next best alternative after JarFix.
This is what we suggest you to Fix Jar File using jarFix. Programs on windows steal files all the time and you do not have to worry if a jar file gets broken. JarFix can fix and repair all the broken Java files in no time.
It has a user-friendly interface and can be used without much problem. If you want to know how to properly use JarFix to fix broken jar files, you can have a look at the instructions mentioned above.