Watching television is the most popular leisure-time activity. After a long day at work, there is not much energy left to do something energetic or extraordinary. Hence, one of the favorite tasks of people is to eat while watching television. This is a very efficient way of relaxing instantly. Simply take the remote control and turn on your favorite shows and movies. However, there are also a lot of interruptions that disrupt this process. From power cuts to malfunctioning, there are a number of issues that often arise. However, one of the most common issues is audio malfunctioning. But, no more worries. This problem can be tackled personally in some easy ways. In this article, we are going to discuss the steps to fix no sound on Vizio TV. The process is not very difficult and you shall learn that yourself by the end of this article.
What is Vizio TV?
Vizio TV is a very popular TV brand. It is a very economical, well-priced TV brand. Even though they are not very expensive TVs but they give an excellent watching experience to the viewers. The picture quality of the Vizio Tv is very good.
What are the most common sources of audio in Vizio TV?
Before learning to fix no sound on Vizio TV, let’s look at some of the most common sources of issues. These are usually caused by minor problems like a loose connection, tempering, etc. Since these issues are not very severe. They can be resolved with simple troubleshooting at home.
- The TV
Many times the connections to the TV can be disconnected from the software of the TV. Even though the cables are connected properly. You will still not hear any voice if this is the problem. However, you can reboot the television quickly. For this, you will have to unplug the connecting cord of the TV from the main supply. Now, wait for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Insert the plug again. Now, your TV should work fine. You should be able to hear all the musical voices!
- The Cables
In this, you will have to check the cables connecting the Audio port of the TV to the other devices like the box. Often we mix the cables while inserting them back. This can be a cause of the audio problem. For audio to function properly, the audio cable should be connected to the audio port. Also, at times the cable gets worn out from inside. This causes them to malfunction. Try unplugging and then plugging cables. If this does not work then, replace the cables with new ones!
- Signal Provider
A TV functions with the help of a signal provider/ feed. This can be a cable box, stream, satellite box, etc. The audio problem can be in the signal provider too. For troubleshooting, in this case, you will have to change the feed to something else. For this instead of streaming over the fee, switch to wifi and cast something on the TV. Now if you can hear sounds from the TV, then the feed is not working. Otherwise, the TV is not working fine.
- External sound source
Sometimes, people connect their TV to an external sound. These are usually speakers. The speakers enhance the quality of the audio. Hence, at times there can be faults with the audio system/device. Disconnect your TV from the device and play something. If you can hear voice then your TV is working totally fine.
- An issue in software settings
There can be some issues in the audio settings of the TV. These can occur if someone tempers the settings without the proper information. Many times children play with the TV remote. So, they can also cause such issues in the settings of the TV. To troubleshoot this problem, you will have to run a factory reset of the TV. This sends the TV to all the default settings. This process can resolve if there is an issue with the software of the TV.
Quick Steps to fix no sound on Vizio TV
In this section, we will discuss the steps to fix no sound on Vizio TV. However, these are applicable only if the in-built speakers of your TV are not working.
- The first step is to make sure that your TV volume is ON. If it’s too low/OFF, you will not hear anything. Change the volume levels of your Vizio TV using the Up and down buttons present on the remote of the TV.
- The next is to check for the mute option. If this option is ON, none sound will come from the TV. This may sound trivial but ignorance of this fact can be the problem.
- In this step, you will check if the speakers of your TV are ON or not? To switch on the speakers, follow these steps.
- Go to the Menu option on the remote and press this button.
- Now using the arrow keys of your remote, go to the “Audio” option. After that press the OK button to continue.
- Check if it shows ON or not. You have to change it accordingly.
- Now, check for the connecting cables. These cables link the TV to other devices and the main supply. Make sure that they are connected properly and tightly. Any loose connection will cause audio problems. To make sure they work correctly, disconnect them and reconnect them. While doing all this look for any cut or damages to the cables. If there are damages you will probably need to change them.
- Now, check if the audio is not coming from the satellite box only or all devices? For this connect your TV to any other devices like a gaming console, streaming devices, etc. If your TV works with the internet you can also play anything on the internet.
- Check the audio settings of the satellite box. See if the audio is ON or OFF or muted. Now, you must be able to fix no sound on Vizio TV problem.
- However, even after doing all these steps, the audio is not working. The issue is with your TV hardware. In this case, you will have to contact Vizio TV customer care, for instance.