Imagine a life without phones. I bet you must have started feeling anxiety hitting inside your belly. Well, it is understandable. Mobile phones have these days become an irreplaceable part of our lives. Nowadays, it is impossible to think of a life without the little gadget friends. They have not only made the communication process faster but also enabled us to access the internet and other services at ease. Nowadays, one can easily do banking, writing, reading, studying, etc. on mobile phones. Understanding such dependency of ordinary lives on the gadgets, Straight Talk introduced no-contract plans for unlimited talk, text, and data and to avail of these services you just need to activate Straight talk at straighttalk.com/activate.
However, is buying a mobile phone enough to get the benefit of these services? No, this is not the case. One has to buy a plan or package that will enable her/him to make calls and use the internet. Such plans have two broad categories. The first is postpaid and the other is pre-paid. Straight Talk is a prepaid service and to access it, visit straighttalk.com/activate.
Straight Talk Phone Service
In reality, Straight Talk phone service is a subsidiary of TracFone Wireless company. This is an American no-contract phone provider and provides pre-paid services. This company functions using Mobile Virtual Network Operator and has associations with the United States’ largest wireless network providers. Currently, Tracfone has around 25.66 million subscribers as of 2015. It launched the Straight Talk Wireless subsidiary in 2009 as a part of an agreement with Walmart. Currently, Walmart is the only retailer of straighttalk.com/activate.
Pricing Plans For Straight Talk – straighttalk.com/activate
- Straight Talk is quite popular because of its cheap pricing plans and more services. This is a very affordable mobile provider for an American. It started with 10 GB of high-speed data for only $45 and now it is providing 25Gb for the same price and data speed.
- This is a great plan in comparison to many which provide only 5Gb for $35 every month.
- One can buy unlimited plans and also a monthly plan for $55 per month which also includes mobile hotspot data of 10 GB. There are other three-month, six-month, and yearly plans also which are available with discounts. You can get a little cheaper pack if you choose the auto-refill feature. The plans and packages of Straight Talk can be bought exclusively from Walmart and StraightTalk website only.
Performance of Straight Talk
- There is always speculation on the quality of a service if it is cheaper and affordable. I believe this is in our inherent nature. However, this is not true at all. Sometimes, expensive things can be extremely faulty and cheaper things much better. The same is the case with straighttalk.com/activate. This cheap mobile phone service is quite good in performance.
- According to a user, anonymous, there were hardly any call drop issues or missing text issues for a period of 30 days. The call quality of Straight Talk mobile phone services is also very good.
- There is minimum to no hindrances, the voice quality is also very good and clear. One can hear clear and loud sounds across a call even at larger distances. For the customers, wi-fi calling is also available. But this service has limitation to only a few selected devices. In a nutshell, the performance of Straight Talk phone service is better than just average.
Data Speed of Straight Talk
Till now we have discussed the good aspects of Straight Talk phone service. But it would be biased to only discuss the positives of any service. Every citizen has the right to complete information and here we bring the first negative aspect of this service. The data speed of Straight Talk phone service is a little compromised. When compared to other data providers, it was found that it has a slow data speed.
Overall Speed Performance
- The overall data speed performance of straighttalk.com/activate or Straight Talk is not very impressive especially for those who are streaming music and videos on their mobile. People who are 24*7 using mobile data for social media, surfing the web, and entertainment will find it very exhausting and time taking to get access to these services.
- The average data speed of Straight Talk phone service was found to be less than 10 Mbps. however, this data speed is pretty much enough for streaming on YouTube. So, if you are heavily dependent on mobile data and involved in speedier delivery of data, you should re-check the actual data speed of any mobile phone service.
Pros and Cons of Straight Talk Service
It is important to know the pros and cons of any product or service. This helps in making a good and learned choice.
- A cheap product in comparison to other mobile phone service providers.
- It can be easily bought from Walmart across the United States. This makes it easily viable to all nationwide.
- Freephone and low-cost phone are available for customers on this service.
- Slow data speed is quite an issue at times.
- The phones which come with the financing can be very expensive at times.
- The customer service experience has not been very great for many users.
Activate Straight Talk via straighttalk.com/activate
The activation process of straighttalk.com/activate is quite easy. It is basically divided into three parts. The first part consists of buying the straight talk phone service followed by the buying of the SIM card. In the next step, you have to link and activate your device using straighttalk.com/activate.
- The first step is to copy down the activation code. This code is present on the packet of the SIM card. It contains a serial number that will be used in the activation process to replace the serial number of your previous phone
- When you buy the activation kit from Walmart, you already purchase a Straight Talk service plan card. On this card, the service PIN is printed. Locate the number for future use. In case you have not purchased any plan card, then you can buy it during the activation process also.
- In this step, go to the straighttalk.com/activate website and click on ‘activate’ beneath the available devices. You have to select the device for which you are going to activate the service.
- You will see two options: one to buy a new number and the second to continue with your existing number. Select either of the two, provide the ZIP code in the former case and old phone number for the latter case and select the continue option.
- Then you have to enter the serial number printed on the sim card. There are mainly three types of numbers that one will encounter these are:
- IMEI / MEID– it is present on the red activation card in case of a new phone bought from TracFone.
- 15-digit number– the number present on the new TracFone SIM card in case of an old phone.
- MEID– this number is for iPhone bought from the Straight Talk website or Walmart.
- In this step, enter the ZIP code of the area where you live.
- If you already have the plan card then enter the Service PIN number or click on the credit card option to buy a new plan card.
- Then you have to make an account by following the on-screen instructions.
- In case you are buying a plan during the activation process, you will have to enter credit card details followed by a selection of plans.
- Once you reach the confirmation page, insert the SIM card into the phone and wait for few hours to 2 days for the mobile service activation. You can also check this by making a call.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Q- Where to find the serial number for an iPhone?
A- The serial number for an iPhone can be found in the settings of the phone. Click on ‘About’ under the general settings and scroll down to locate the number.
- Q- What is the meaning of ‘cellular network is not valid’?
A- This could indicate that your device does not support 4G or the service has been locked by the company.
- Q- What is the meaning of ‘no service’?
A- It simply means that your wi-fi is out of work and you can not text. It can also mean that you are out of town from the area you live.