Music Television, or MTV, is a music cable channel that originally aired music videos guided by TV personalities (Video Jockeys or VJs). During its early years, the channel primarily focused on music dedicated to original reality programming aimed at teenagers and young adults. The network has several sister channels in the United States and affiliated channels all over the world, and it is received by more than 90 million households in the United States. If you have a streaming device such as Roku, Apple, Xbox, or Android TV, you can easily access the MTV channel. All you need is to download and install the app on your device first, then activate it by visiting mtv.com/activate to access the MTV channel on your streaming device. You can activate the MTV channel on various streaming players by following the instructions in the article.
MTV Activation – A Complete Guide for Seamless Experience
MTV is one of the world’s largest entertainment and music channels. The channel is very popular among young people and offers a wide range of content. If you’re wondering how to activate MTV on your device, you’ve come to the right place. MTV offers almost every type of content that will keep you glued to your screen. On MTV, you can find the most recent music videos, fascinating TV shows, youth entertainment content, and celebrity news and gossip.
You can easily access the MTV channel if you have a streaming device such as Roku, Apple, Xbox, or Android TV. By following the instructions below, you can enable the MTV channel on a variety of streaming players.
Prerequisites for Activation:
You will need the following items to activate MTV on your device:
- Your television,
- A computer or a smartphone.
- Credentials for TV Provider Login
Check if you have a strong signal or not to ensure that your internet connection is working properly. If it does not work, try connecting to a different network provider, such as Wi-Fi or a cable modem.
How do I Use a Web Browser to Activate MTV?
Follow these steps to activate your account once you have the activation code displayed on your TV screen.
- Start the MTV app on the device you want to activate MTV on, then select your TV provider
- Your screen will then display an activation code. Make a note of the code.
- Then, navigate to mtv.com/activate on your smartphone or computer’s web browser.
- Fill in the activation code.
- Choose the Activate option from the bar.
- Then sign in using your TV provider’s credentials to begin streaming MTV on your device.
List of Show Available on MTV Channel for Streaming
Do you want to watch your favorite MTV shows whenever you want? Get the latest episodes of Jersey Shore Family Vacation, Wad: The TV Show, Flora Bama Shore MTV, The Challenge, Teen Mom 2, Snubby, Double Shot at Love, etc. You can also watch entire seasons of MTV classics like The Real World, Laguna Beach, and The Hills. To gain full access, sign in with your TV provider. And besides that, there’s an entire catalog of teen content waiting for you to explore-
- Finding Carter
- Jersey Shore Family Vacation
- Teen Wolf
- Teen Mom
- The Hills: New Beginnings
- The Challenge
- MTV Video Music Awards
- MTV Movie Awards
Guide to Activate MTV using mtv.com/Activate Link
Steps to Activate MTV for Roku through mtv.com/activate
- Check to see if your Roku device is connected to the Internet.
- Tap the home button on your Roku remote to access the Roku Home page.
- Navigate and from the menu just select the Streaming Channel option.
- Scroll down until you come across the search option.
- Now, using an on-screen keyboard, type “MTV.”
- Choose the MTV app from the list of related suggestions.
- To install MTV on your Roku device, select the ‘Add channel’ option.
- The installation procedure is time-consuming. Once MTV has been added, click on ‘Go to channel’ to access it.
- Navigate to your MTV app’s Sign-In button and enter the account information on your TV screen, to receive an activation code.
- Then, on another device, such as a mobile phone or a computer, open a browser and navigate to the mtv.com/activate link.
- Simply type an activation code into the appropriate field.
- Select from the list your TV provider and enter the TV provider’s account credentials.
- When it’s finished, your Roku screen will automatically refresh to show MTV content.
- And that’s it! Now watch all the amazing content without any trouble.
Activate MTV on Apple TV via mtv.com/activate by following these steps-
- Switch on your Apple TV.
- It is necessary to connect your device to the internet.
- Then, from the home screen enter the app store. And navigate in the infotainment section.
- Navigate to the top-right search bar and type “MTV” into it using a virtual keyboard.
- Choose the official MTV app from the list of options.
- You will then navigate to the MTV app page and click the install button.
- Launch MTV once it has been installed.
- Navigate to the Sign-in page and enter your MTV account in the appropriate field.
- Then, on your screen, an activation code will appear for you to enter in order to activate your device.
- Open a browser on your computer or mobile device and navigate to the mtv.com/activate link.
- Fill in the following field with your activation code.
- Then select the “Continue” option.
- You must select your TV provider from the provided list and log in with your TV provider’s provided account.
Activate MTV on Android TV using mtv.com/activate Link
- Make sure that device is duly connected to the internet.
- From your home screen, navigate to the Google Play Store.
- Navigate to the search icon and type “MTV” into the virtual keyboard.
- Select the MTV app from the list of suggestions.
- You will be directed to the MTV app page, where you can install it.
- Wait until the installation process is complete before launching the app.
- Sign in with your MTV account to get a one-time activation code.
- From any other device’s browser, navigate to mtv.com/activate.
- Now you must enter your unique code in the appropriate field and press the continue button.
- Choose your TV provider and sign in with the account provided by your TV provider.
- Following the validation of your MTV membership, you’ll be able to access MTV’s full library as soon as the app refreshes on your Android TV.
Activate MTV via mtv.com/activate on Xbox
- Check that you have an internet connection.
- Navigate to the Xbox channel menu and type “MTV” into the on-screen keyboard.
- From the search results mentioned, choose the MTV app.
- The installation procedure is time-consuming.
- Once it is installed, start the app.
- After a while, you will be get an activation code on your screen. Simply take a note of it or pause your screen.
- Use the browser of some other device, such as a mobile phone or a computer.
- To enter the activation code, go to mtv.com/activate.
- In the appropriate field, enter the code for activation provided to you.
- Now press the continue button.
- Log in using your TV provider’s account.
Activate MTV via mtv.com/activate on Amazon Fire Stick-
- Switch on your FireStick and connect it to the Internet.
- To begin, navigate to your home screen and select the search menu.
- Navigate to the Apps store from the menu and search for “MTV.”
- Choose the MTV app from the list.
- To install the MTV app on your Amazon Fire Stick, select the Get/download option.
- Launch the MTV app after it has been installed.
- To obtain an activation code, follow all of the on-screen instructions.
- Switch to another device, such as a smartphone or a computer. And use the browser to navigate mtv.com/activate link.
- Put the activation code, that you obtained from your MTV App and Click on ‘Continue’.
- The next screen will let you select your TV provider and enter the credentials associated with it.
How can I watch MTV without a Subscription to Cable?
All of the methods mentioned above will require your cable operators and TV provider, but if you want to stream MTV without a Cable TV provider, you can do so by using online streaming services. There are numerous media streaming platforms that include MTV channels in their subscription plans.
1. YouTube TV
YouTube TV is one of the world’s most popular media streaming platforms. It has the MTV channel, as well as 60 other channels such as AMC, Travel Channel, HGTV, FX, Freeform, truTV, Disney, and others, are included in its $64.99/month subscription plan.
- You can record as many of your favourite moments as you want to its cloud DVR storage.
- Three users can watch YouTube TV at the same time.
- Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Android, iOS, Android TV, Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV, Amazon Fire TV, and many other platforms are supported
2. Sling TV
Sling TV’s subscription plan includes MTV channels. Sling TV, in addition to MTV, offers 30 other channels for $41/month, including A&E, MSNBC, TBS, TLC, and many more.
- Users can record up to 50 hours of content to the company’s cloud DVR storage.
- Only one user can stream at the same time.
- Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, iOS, Android, Roku, Smart TV, and many other devices are supported.
Philo is a newcomer to the streaming market and also the most affordable way to watch MTV channels. For $25 per month, you can watch MTV as well as 60 other channels such as A&E, AMC, BET, HGTV, History, Food Network, and many more.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. Why isn’t my activation code working?
- Check to see if you submitted an accurate code.
- Your code may have expired; therefore, try obtaining a new code from your device and submitting it again.
- Reinstall the MTV app and go through the app installation process once more.
Q. Is the MTV app down?
- Verify that you are connected to the internet correctly.
- To stream MTV smoothly, the connection speed must be adequate.
- Update the software on your device.
- Disable any third-party apps that are causing a conflict.
- Install the MTV app again.
Q. What should I do if I have forgotten my MTV username and password?
- If you forget your username or password, simply contact your TV provider and request a password reset.
Q. Can I watch MTV on my TV if my cable company isn’t listed?
- No, if your TV provider isn’t listed, you won’t be able to stream MTV on your device. MTV, on the other hand, is attempting to persuade all cable providers to authorise MTV to use their services.
Q. What is the price of MTV?
- MTV is completely free to use. It is included with your TV provider’s account.