Are you tired of paying extra money for getting a new credit card? Do you find it really annoying when you have to pay an extra fee for using your credit card? Well, most of us will agree. Although credits cards are very helpful they do have their cons. So, what is the solution? Well, one can always switch to prepaid debits cards. The Netspend prepaid debit cards are quite popular and come with a lot of exciting features. All you need to do is buy and activate the card at netspendallaccess.com/activate.
A guide to Netspend Prepaid Debit cards
The Netspend Corporation is the leading prepaid debit card provider. It operates in the US and its cards can be used globally. It provides debit MasterCard, commercial prepaid cards, and Visa cards too. Currently, it is catering to the needs of about 10 million US citizens. One has to simply apply for the prepaid debit card and activate it at netspendallaccess.com/activate.
The Netspend Visa and MasterCards are some of the most popular Prepaid-Debit Cards. There is no requirement of a minimum balance or no credit check. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation insures all the Netspend card transactions to the current coverage limit. The Netspend cards can be used anywhere where a Visa debit card or Debit MasterCard is accepted. The Netspend card can be used to withdraw money from the atm, make in-store purchases, etc.
What is a prepaid debit card?
- Many of us must be wondering, what is the meaning of a prepaid debit card? First of all, a prepaid debit card is different from an ordinary business credit card. Using a prepaid debit card, one can only spend the funds that are already available on the card. This means you will have to put some money in the card before making a purchase.
- However, in the case of a credit card, you don’t have to worry about putting in money earlier. You can spend any time with a credit card. However, you will have to pay for all the purchases at the end of the month. There can be other types of payment limits according to your card provider.
- With a Netspend prepaid debit card, you are actually utilizing the money that you already possess. Henceforth, there are no additional costs like interests that you will have to pay off later. But, with a credit card, outstanding credit interests have to be paid later. It is like you are using borrowed money which you have to pay back later with interest.
How to get a Netspend card?
A Netspend prepaid card is actually very easy to obtain. There is an online application form for applying for the card. One has to first fill the online order form. The Netspend will ship the card later to your place. As a matter of fact, there are no additional upfront fees or credit checks. So, you can get the card without worrying about these two. However, you will have to activate the card at netspendallaccess.com/activate to use it. For this, you will have to provide personal information like a street address, name, DOB, and other identifying information. This information is mandatory to provide for identification. It is obtained under the USA PATRIOT Act, a federal law.
Steps to activate the Netspend Prepaid Card via netspendallaccess.com/activate
To get the benefits of the Netspend Prepaid-debit cards, one will have to activate them. The activation process is not very difficult. You just have to keep your card with you whenever you activate it. Also, keep a stable internet connection when you visit netspendallaccess.com/activate.
- Using any device with a stable internet connection, search for the netsepndallaccess.com/activate website.
- On the webpage, it will ask for details like card number, expiry date, security code, and CVC code. Fill in all the details and continue the process.
- If you have not made a PIN earlier then make one now. For this create a username, provide your email, and set up a security question. This will create the security PIN.
- Once, you have filled in all the details, you will have to verify yourself. This step is very crucial, so do it with utmost care. You will have to provide your personal details to verify yourself.
- Then you have to tick the box of terms and conditions and continue.
- Once you see “your card activate” on the screen, it is an indication that your card is now active successfully. Now you can use it anywhere without worrying about extra charges.
Some tips to protect your card from frauds
It is very important to make sure that your card is safe. These tips will help to prevent any unauthorized access to your card. These are:
- Avoid sharing your PIN or Card number with anyone.
- You should refrain from writing the PIN on your card. If your card gets stolen, then the thief will have access to your card as well as your PIN. Hence, he/she can withdraw money easily from your account.
- Lend your card to people at the minimum. Even if you have to make payments for friends then make them yourself instead of lending the card.
- Always ask for alert messages. Such messages help to track any suspicious activity on your card. You can get these alerts by intimidating your bank or card provider.
- If you think there is some unauthorized access to your account then notify the bank or the card provider. Ask them to block your card so that the loss is minimum.
- As a matter of fact, Netspend does not ask its customers about personal card-related details. So, if you get a call asking for such details then notify the card provider immediately.