Information communication is the most crucial process for any organization to work effectively. Clearly, this importance is applicable to government institutions and nations. For any country to work effectively, its people must be aware of the functioning and what happens at the top governmental level. By now you must have figured what I’m talking about. But if not, no worries. You got me as a dear friend. The newspapers are the oldest and most sought means of information communication. Even in this digital era, they still hold their significant space. One such newspaper is the Harford Courant. So, to get timely updates on what goes around, go visit courant.com/activate.
As a matter of fact, the Hartford Courant is the oldest and the largest newspaper daily in the American state of Connecticut. It states its operation as old as 1764 and since then it has been continuously publishing and flourishing. It most of the time reports local news only and is also responsible for running a free local weekly by the name “CTNow” and manages its website also.
Digitalization has impacted almost all sectors and newspapers are no exception to it. In this current digital era, almost all the old and existing things have come up with their online digital versions. Now, with the ease of our mobile, laptop, or tablet, you can easily avail the benefits of e-newspapers. Surely, now you won’t have to worry about the pile of newspapers getting collected. The Hartford Courant has also come up with a digital print subscription. You can easily get a subscription to this e-service via courant.com/activate.
Steps To Activate Courant Via courant.com/activate
The e-service of courant helps its users to not only read news feeds and stories at any time but also enables its users to browse news instantly. To get the benefits of this service, you need to activate it by using courant.com/activate.
- The first step is to open any web browser on your mobile or computer. Then search for “courant.com/activate” and launch the website.
- Navigate the page to find the option for activating your account. You can find this option beneath “Activate Your Digital Account”.
- Click on the “activate” option on the bottom left of the box.
- This will redirect you to a new page where you have to enter your credentials like email address, ZIP code, and create a password.
- Once you have entered all the information then select the “create account” option.
- A new page will open asking for the last name, lookup option, followed by entry of data. After finishing select “continue”.
- It will display a message something like “you already have an account”.
- Now, you have to “log in” on the courant.com/activate website to finally complete the process of activation.
- In case you don’t have a subscription already then you are first supposed to subscribe to the newspaper and then follow these steps.
Submit An Opinion Piece to courant.com/activate
To all the writers out there, I have got some great news. Indeed you can send your opinions on politics, environment, art, etc. to the Hartford Courant. Sending your opinion is a great way of letting people know the other side of every story. At Hartford courant.com/activate, they accept articles that are provocative, opinionated, spirited, factual, and easy to read. However, one should always try to make a relevant point through any opinion or idea.
Points to consider while sending op-eds
- You should have the expertise or relevant experience in the field of the topic of your title.
- Your op-ed most of the time should resonate around any public policy, however, personal narrative and essays, and commentary on news or other topics are also acceptable.
- The typical word limit for an op-ed is about 650 to 700 words.
- At courant.com/actiavte newspaper, they give priority to locally written pieces on issues more.
- Proper references and annotations should be provided.
- They accept entries that are original and new. However, if you have sent a similar article before then inform them beforehand.
- You should send your articles to “firstname.lastname@example.org”. You should insert the contents of the article in the body of the email. Attachments can sometimes be cumbersome to open.
- Once you have submitted it. You have to wait for at least 2 weeks. If you do not get any reply within two weeks you might want to consider sending your article to some other platform.
- But if you do get a reply from them then you have to sign a contract. This contract will bind you to publish your article anywhere else before courant.com/activate newspaper does. However, after publication, you can send your article anywhere else.
- Lastly, you have to agree on the suggestions of the editor. Else, they won’t publish your piece.
- After the completion, you can see your article in the newspaper column.
Tips To Consider Before Writing
- Don’t take enormous time to make your point. Articles that are straightforward are preferred more.
- Try to be focused while writing. A blurred focus will make your point weak. Collect facts and figures that support your argument and do not make too many arguments.
- Never plagiarize any piece of information. Give proper credits to the original writer and try to use your own language to make a point.
- All names and quotations should be double-checked.
- Your conclusion should be really strong. It should summarize your main points. It should give a sense of completion and finality to the reader.
- Take a positive approach while writing and always give suggestions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q- What is the full form of the op-ed?
A- Op-ed stands for opinions and editorial page. These are articles that mostly focus on issues other than everyday news. They may be opinions on policies, government actions, etc.
Q- What are the subscription prices of Hartford Courant?
A- There are three different types of subscription prices. You can get 7-day for $4.78 per week, 4-day for $3.00 per week, and 2-day for $2.25 per week.
Q- Do I have to renew my subscription every time?
A- No. you don’t have to renew your subscription every time. The subscription gets automatically renewed every week. However, to stop this, you will have to contact the people at Hartford Courant yourself.
Q- What is the customer care number of Hartford Courant?
A- The customer care number for Hartford Courant services is 860-525-5555.
Q- Where can I manage my subscription?
A- You can manage your subscription plans and other related details at courant.com/activate. You will have to log in to your My Account Page.